The 27th Annual IEEE International Conference on
Application-specific Systems, Architectures and Processors
Jul 6th-8th 2016, London, England
ASAP 2016: The 27th Annual IEEE International Conference on Application-specific Systems, Architectures and Processors
Location: London, England
Conference Venue: Imperial College London
Conference Dates: July 6th-8th, 2016
The 27th IEEE International Conference on Application-specific Systems, Architectures and Processors 2014 took place on July 6-8, 2016, in London, England. The 2016 edition of the conference was organized by Imperial College London.
The history of the event traced back to the International Workshop on Systolic Arrays, which was organized in 1986 in Oxford, UK. Later, it developed into the International Conference on Application Specific Array Processors. With its current title, it was organized for the first time in Chicago, USA, in 1996. Since then, it has alternated between Europe and North-America.
Get top grades in your educational institution using the best assignment writing services in UK as reviewed by uktopwriters.com
The conference covered the theory and practice of application-specific systems, architectures, and processors. The 2016 conference built upon traditional strengths in areas such as computer arithmetic, cryptography, compression, signal and image processing, network processing, reconfigurable computing, application-specific instruction-set processors, and hardware accelerators. Submissions in the following areas were especially encouraged:
- Big data analytics: extracting and correlating information from large-scale semi-structured and unstructured data using application-specific systems.
- Scientific computing: architectures and algorithms that address scientific applications requiring significant computing power and design customization (bioinformatics, climate modeling, astrophysics, seismology, etc.).
- Industrial computing: systems and architectures for providing high- throughput or low latency in various industrial computing applications.
- System security: cryptographic hardware architectures, security processors, countermeasures against side-channel attacks, and secure cloud computing.
- Heterogeneous systems: applications and platforms that exploit heterogeneous computing resources, including FPGAs, GPUs, or CGRAs.
- Design space exploration: methods for customizing and tuning application- specific architectures to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Platform-specific architectures: novel architectures for exploiting specific compute domains such as smartphones, tablets, and data centers, particularly in the context of energy efficiency.